gives me a peaceful feeling, much like looking at the ocean on a spring morning. Whenever I have special feelings of sorrow, happiness, or loneliness, I sit on a bench at the edge of my garden. I especially like to go to this place when I have argued with a friend or a loved one. I feel that this place can heal my wounded heart. While I look at the garden, birds cheerfully sings me and flowers speaks, telling me, ” Be happy with who you are”.
I often work in the garden with my mother and father. While I work, I notice that I love things that I can see and feel in the garden. I touch the cool earth and enjoy the graceful white lilies, passionate red roses, fresh green plants and a huge, ancient tree that has watched me, my father and my grandfather grow and change. While I smell the gentle, sweet-scented flowers, I feel that I am part of the nature. My favorite time of all in the garden is on warm summer evenings, when shining fireflies dance before my eyes. These lovely fairies make the garden seem like its own galaxy.
I also live the pond which reminds me of a cereal bowel for a giant. This pond is filled with carp that swim leisurely through the shimmering water like noble ladies. Yet, when I stand in front of the pond and offer the crap food, they change and begin to beg like hungry baby birds.
Perhaps the most pleasant satisfaction that comes from the garden is the sweet tasting harvest in the fall. We harvest nutritious oranges, sweet persimmons and ripe, warm, soft figs which my mother makes into jam. When we smell the alluring aroma of the cooking jam, we can no longer be patient children. We must taste the jam immediately. It burns our tongues but we do not care because of the heavenly taste. Our smiles after tasting the jam are like those of bears eating honey.
My garden at home always brings me a happy, peaceful feeling. Even though I do not have the garden now, thinking of my garden helps me to relax and feel at home and at peace anywhere I am
No comments:
Post a Comment